We’re looking for…
A final year student (Belgium based) with Flutter expertise or a keen interest to learn Flutter through an internship in our Leuven office. You don’t see ‘being a developer’ as the one who just writes code. But as a person who can work together in a team and translate a business domain or question into quality code.
During the internship at Unlock’d, you actively participate in one of our project teams to put an application or new features into ‘production’. This gives you the opportunity to get acquainted with Flutter & Dart or to expand your expertise in it. Under the supervision of our experienced employees, you can independently implement widgets or work in pair on the more complex parts.
The technologies you will use or come into contact with on a daily basis are:
- Flutter & Dart
- GitHub (actions) & CodeMagic (CI/CD)
- Apple app store, Google Play store, AWS
- Back-end technology/framework depending on the project; possibly Java or Supabase
During the internship, you will learn about managing global state in an application, how to write clean code (code & architecture) for it, and the different ways of testing (UI, unit, integration).
Unlock’d is a young company within the Xplore Group that is fully specialized in Flutter & Dart. We build applications for iOS and Android, but also desktop (Windows, Mac and Linux) and web. As a Flutter consultancy, we are recognised on flutter.dev. Topics our teams focus on include pair programming, test driven development and iterative and incremental development. The internship will take place at our office in Leuven (Belgium).
- You ‘know your way around’ in Dart & Flutter
- Enrolled in or recently graduated from a Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related program.
- Knowledge of mobile app development best practices and design patterns.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs and integration.
- Basic understanding of version control systems, preferably Git.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in both Dutch and English languages.
Nice to Have
- Previous internship or project experience with Flutter.
- Familiarity with other mobile development frameworks (e.g., React Native, Xamarin).
- Experience with backend development and server-side technologies.
- Contributions to open-source projects or a strong GitHub profile.
- Hands-on experience with cutting-edge technologies.
- Mentorship from experienced professionals in the field.
- Exposure to real-world projects and the opportunity to make a meaningful impact.
- Networking opportunities within the industry.
We are a young team of software crafters.
We are a young team of experienced software crafters and we build “all screen applications”. We love building solutions on top of Dart & Flutter and we build applications for virtually any screen. We focus on understanding a business context and collaboratively create a first product iteration to validate its impact in the shortest possible timeframe.
Unlock’d is proudly part of the Xplore Group.